Thursday, March 1, 2012

Too yummy not to share

I finally succumbed to Pinterest. I blame a friend of mine from vet school. She posted pictures on facebook of a dessert she made. She found the recipe on Pinterest. So I gave in and joined. And one of the first things I did was look up that recipe.

It. Was. Scrumptious!

I tracked the recipe back to a blog called Picky Palate. They are Oreo, peanut butter, brownie cupcakes. They were really easy. Here is how you make them.


Line a muffin tin with liners. You'll make between 12-18 depending on how thick your brownie mix is. The mix in the picture made 12, the next time I used a different mix (both said for an 8x8 pan) and I got 18.

Then layer 2 Oreos with peanut butter and drop them into the liner. I haven't tried to use double-stuff Oreos, but since the regular ones get pretty tall with the peanut butter and brownie mix, I'd be afraid that using the thicker cookies would cause the mix to spill over.

 After your cookies are in the tin, then mix up your brownie mix. If you mix it up before hand, it gets a little stiff and it's harder to spoon over the cookies. Try to get it to drip down over the sides of the cookies. It will drip some on its own while they're baking.


After they're done, take them out and let them cool. If you're planning on eating one right away, don't let it cool down much - just enough to keep from burning your fingers. They taste great covered in vanilla ice cream and hot fudge - trust me :)



1 comment: