Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fat lip momma

So I took a week off from blogging. The fact that I blogged everyday for two weeks is pretty impressive, but it was just too much for me. Since I work all day I was writing most of my blogs after my son went to bed, and often after my husband went to sleep too. That led to late nights and not a lot of quality time with hubby. So I took a break. I even abandoned facebook for a few days.

So now I feel refreshed with a few new blog ideas in my head - to be released gradually, but in a more timely fashion than in the past (ie: more than twice a year).

But today is not a day for those blogs, for I have an injury. It seems my son, rambunctious boy that he is, has decided that bonking me in the face with his hard noggin is fun. Even after several time-outs and discussions about "not nice" and "giving Mommy boo-boos" he still thinks it's an acceptable way to say hello. And so, while snuggling in bed watching TV, he turned to me. Thinking he was going to give me a kiss I puckered up, and he smacked his forehead right into my lips.

Um, ouch. A lot. And blood.




So, after some ice and a lot of lip balm, this is my lip. I learned it's hard to drink coffee with only one side of my mouth. My bad habit of chewing my lips is out of the question for now. I'm just hoping it's less sensitive by tomorrow.

But, Tommy did kiss it for me, after he apologized and was let out of time-out. And toddler kisses heal anything, right?

1 comment:

  1. I have had the child head but fat lip before. I just wanted to say thank you for the kind comment you left on my blog.

    ReplyDelete